Skip to main content

Next week marks three years with my FEC100. Never have had a problem with it, and love it to death. Kudos to CS and Eddy. The forum has been a great help to my backyard endeavors, so thanks for all the contributions. Special thanks to Smokin' Okie. Not once have I not turned out a great product. Probably a combination of reading all the advice and a little dumb luck. Oh, and the Ponca school helped more than a bit! Cool Gotta run - have a Smokin recipe loin to toss in... Big Grin
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm coming up on two years. I've tripped the high limit switch a couple of times, but I'm not even sure it was on the same smoker.

Once I had an internal fire that I didn't even know I'd had until I opened the door and found the bottom of the door gasket burned out (didn't effect the Que). I had already ordered some replacements so it was a five minute or less repair. Should never have tried for 40lbs of leg quarters on three grills.

I've never regretted the purchase, and when I win the lottery, I'll go for one of the big boy FECs.
There's hardly a weekend that I don't use me FEC100....right now I'm smoking 87 pounds of butts. Smokin' and everyone else has contributed so much! I have only (knock on wood) two smokes that ended in (lets throw it out)...brisket and I left the beans under the butts waaaaaaaaaaay to long (my brother called and that's good for 3 to 4 hours lol). I'm sooooooooo satisfied with my 100 and the food it turns out. Thanks to everyone who makes this possible! Big Grin
I have had mine since I think 2004ish, somewhere is there.....and would give away my left big toe before I parted with mine....just now starting to get some work in competitions....and not a hitch....well, minus the flood in Fairbanks....but, that is a story unto itself....
Still cooking on my FE100, though not as much lately. It actually has sat in carport for last six months without getting turned on, full of pellets. Did a case of butts last night, just put on four huge briskets, ribs going on about 11am tomorrow.

Doing our annual bbq for the University of Oregon offensive line, lots of real big boys. Dinner is scheduled for 5:30 tomorrow and the FE is running without a burp.

Thanks Eddy, I love you man!!!!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.