Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Way cool Tim, congrats yourself, and I too am looking forward to learning and sharing our knowledge.

When I talked to John about ordering it, I asked if any was coming off the line yet. Sorry to report that they hadn't gotten any yet, but they were in the process of manufacturing the units. He wouldn't give an estimated time, but when I asked if it could be the 1st of the year, he said that was a possibility, cause they have had a good response of orders.
quote:
Originally posted by Pags:
Smokin's also got an escalator, much like a regional mall also has both.

Ha ha...

... you guys know we took the escalator out to make way for the new deck because he had the escalator in because the yard was too slanted.

Sheesh, keep up....

Now I'm not gonna post photos of the deck after it was finished and stained...and before you ask, no we didn't stain it gold Big Grin
You guys are in for a great experience. Before I got mine, I thought the egg would be my main smoker/grill/cooker. I got them both at the same time and the egg has been used twice. The FEPG500, more times than I can count and starting to cook chicken, vertical and split, thighs and pizza the other night on a baking stone on the top rack in zone 2. Next is to cook ribs on zone 4 with the eye toward competition.

Chicken @300 setpoint took 2 hours in zone 4 for both vertical as well as split.

Pizza @400 setpoint took 10 minutes on a stone in 10 minute preheat zone 2. Great crisp crust.

I think the limit of this grill is the imagination. I'm looking at doing flats and pork butts as well. I concerned that this will relegate my FE100 to a competion only grill as I have a SM070 for catering. Sigh
quote:
Originally posted by Cook One:
Hot tub, pool, every product cookshack makes a deck with run way lights, man I'm glad I finally know what the good life looks like. Hey Smokin is it true bologna will not fall through the grates on the charbroiler?

You forgot the three separate sets of stereo speakers controllable from my iPhone.

I smoke full bologna chubs of course they don't fall through the grates. but yes, they are very narrow and very little does get through them.

Check with me next summer, I might actually offer up a "regional" BBQ at my house for Cookshackers... I have the deck, you bring the food...
Last edited by Former Member

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.