Skip to main content

Been lurking for a while and starting to lick my chops. Is there any functional difference between the 008 and 009 Smokettes other than one is black on the outside and the other is stainless steel?? Does the stainless steel help enough to justify the difference in price or does it just look better??
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

bradtri:
There is not functional difference between the 008 and 009. The only difference, as you ststed the 008 has black steel sides and the 009 is all stainless steel.
I bought the 009 because I live by the ocean and leave the smokette outside most of the time. With the salt air, the stainless is a plus. Also I think it looks nicer.

Big Grin
If you have the extra coin, go 009. Just looks better, but I'm sure functions the same. It's really a personal preference. Don't spend too much time on this decision, just get one and let the fun begin. You will soon realize that this decision is not really significant.......however you do want to look good. Get the 009.
Thanks for the replies. I'm still wondering exactly what the black surface is. Is it painted on, similar to a grill, or is it more of an enamel?? On my Weber grill, the paint is coming off, but it has to deal with much higher temps.

Has anyone with the 008 experienced any problems with the black surface???

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.