Skip to main content

All,

I've created a shared account in Photobucket.

You will be able to upload all your BBQ phots and share them, not just in the forum, but in other locations you want to post your photos.

This is a trial run.

If you wish an "album" please email me (so I have your email info, not IM) so I can watch out for spammers or abusers. My email is in my profile (I don't post it directly) just right click my name on left, then profile)

Because I've set up a Pro level account in Photobucket, I can create an Album with your name, so just tell me what name to put on it.

Again, when you email me:

Tell me your name
Your Forum User name
What name you want on the album

You will have access to your album for all your BBQ photos.

When you email me for permission to post, I will provide you the password.

NOTE: This will be the honor system. I will provide you the passwrod on the HONOR system. As long as only BBQ photos are posted, and no one abuses the privledge, we'll go with this.

We'll try this for a while and see how it goes.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You can post them any way you want to, including upload inside the posts like you can now (via the forum software).

You can use any account you want, but as this is a PRO account it's not limited on size of photo or uploads/downloads.

You chose.

One advantage of this is you can share just your BBQ stuff with people, not your personal album.

Still a work in progress, just trying to make it easier since I can't upload them to the new software in the forum.
I set my photos at 1000 wide for horizontal pics and 800 wide for vertical pics.

Joe,

It depends on your original size. The one in the album is the size you posted. Did you resize it when you loaded it, or was it already that size?

For those that want to look, see if you can see his full album and you'll see that the size is set already:

http://s1173.photobucket.com/a...kshackforum/Joe%20M/

Can you see the album?

From my camera, my photos are greater than 5000 x XXXX in size and they're huge.

Just depends on what your ORIGINAL photo was.

We'll help anyone here with photo tips.
Use whatever size you want.

I think 640 is small any more given most monitors have improved (yes, there are still people with small monitors and small phones but MOST people would be okay)

800 or 1000 as a standard (choose your choice) then we're okay.

I will likely load some of my photos in HD at full size since the Photobucket account doesn't have restrictions, I may create a 2nd album for me as High Res.
quote:
Originally posted by Joe M:
Thank you. Who would have thought that smoking meat would lead to me learning about digital photography, computers and the internet!
PS my wife still thinks I'm nuts!

When MY wife says that, I say that this BBQ journey we're are on all really kicked into gear when she bought me a smokette at the Oklahoma State Fair... look where's it's lead... and leading to more Wink
OK Smokin. Time for some feedback.

I just finished downloading 47 pictures to my album, primarily pictures of finsihed product I've posted to the forum related to recipes. Then after downloading the pictures, I added a title to each picture. I did this to test the site and to, at least, have the finished product on Photobucket in case my personal links became broken over time. Also, figured this is the way to go.

Wow. It took an incredible amount of time. There were a lot of delays and plain site freeze ups requiring me to exit the site and sign in again. It would work for several downloads or title enterings, then get very slow or just outright freeze. I couldn't tell you if Photobucket was busy, or our album was busy or my computer is being difficult...it's not anywhere else.

This didn't happen with my ImageShack (roughly 50 stored pictures), which in my opinion doesn't compare to what Photobucket offers. For perspective, I just use ImageShack for downloading 2-4 pictures at a time but wouldn't figure today's volume to be a concern with any photo site. I'm using Windows Explorer and probably will go back to Mozilla Firefox. In any case, I don't know if it's Photobucket or me.

Anyone else use it enough to run into problems?
Last edited by pags
I just tested an uploaded all my deck photos in the full original size (8 to 10 MB each) and did them in under 5 min. LARGE files so be careful if you try to download.

If anyone wants to look, they're in the "deck" sub-folder under SO
Last edited by Former Member
OK. Then it's my problem which overall is good. I got on last night and things moved quickly.

When I hit Photobucket download, I browse my computer and go to My Pictures. Once there, hit the control key for each picture you want downloaded, and you can download multiple pictures. You can only download multiple pictures for each file you've organized. IE. I can download all my Chicago Italian Beef pictures at once, but have to download again when I go to the Prime Rib file. If you've got a master picture file, there should be no limit to how many pictures you can download.

Don't know how it works from another Photobucket account. If you've transferred pictures from your computer to your own Photobucket, you could still multiple download from the computer.
quote:
Originally posted by Pags:
Don't know how it works from another Photobucket account.
In Photobucket, sign in with the cookshack account, do a search for your account, then click on a picture to display, hover over the pic with your mouse and you'll see a "Copy to my album" button. Click that, select which album to copy to and click ok. When it's done, click the next button to display the next picture and do the procedure over again. No need to download/upload this way, but it's one pic at a time.

Found an even faster way. Display your existing album, on the right side you'll see a link that says Download this Album. Click that, it will zip up all your photo's and download them to your PC.

Unzip to an empty folder, then you can do a batch upload to the cookcshack photobucket account, or you can also use an ftp client to upload. Moved 77 pictures in about 3 minutes.
Last edited by andyj
Once you've saved your pictures to photobucket, are you getting the link from photobucket to post each picture and comments here. The photobucket is a means, not an end...unless someone like M. Lewis directs me to Photobucket, I'm not going there to see what people are saving.

To post a picture here, move your curser over the Photobucket picture you want to save. Several link options appear... left click on image link to save. Paste the image link to your Cookshack post on this forum. Make your comments around your picture. We'll respond.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.