Skip to main content

Assignments were a bit challenging this round. We had only 4 participants west of the Mississippi. I also tried to make sure none of the returning members shipped to the same member from previous exchanges. The last consideration was to try and get the paired names to be from different regions of the country. This was the toughest. Some of you are only a few states away and practically neighbors. I know BBq can be different from county to county so I hope it all works out in the end.
quote:
Originally posted by Padrefan98:
Assignments were a bit challenging this round. We had only 4 participants west of the Mississippi. I also tried to make sure none of the returning members shipped to the same member from previous exchanges. The last consideration was to try and get the paired names to be from different regions of the country. This was the toughest. Some of you are only a few states away and practically neighbors. I know BBq can be different from county to county so I hope it all works out in the end.

Once again, THANKS for all the efforts. For those on the forum that doesn't know, it was Padrefan that came up with the forum exchange originally and has been the one that has been kind enough to do all the leg work.

I'm gonna be a little slow this year getting my box out, but promise to have it done within the guidelines. I need to go see Dan at KCBBQ Store for some products. His knowledge of local rubs and sauces is extraordinary.

I want to include a product that I've never used. Eeker Not always that you can find a person so willing to be a lab rat. Big Grin
Thanks Cal- It is a lot of work, but I am having a blast with our exchanges. I believe you are one of the consistent members who participates. Members like you make this the most enjoyable. I hope everyone has fun. I understand that this is a tough time of the year to be spending money on complete strangers. I hope to do more of these exchanges at different times of the year. Please keep an eye out for the 2014 rub and sauce exchange.

I spoke with one of our forum members today who is willing to help me with the awards. His generosity is going to make the awards a success this year. I can't wait for that portion of this exchange.
Thank you bubbasz1! I would be wrong not to acknowledge Cookshack for the forum, the great product we all enjoy and the support they provide to the owners. Without this great "made in the U.S.A." product with the phenomenal customer support, some of us just wouldn't be here. I know that Cookshack is the company I choose to give credit too when I serve my friends and family.
quote:
Originally posted by Joe M:
2013 Exchange

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Highlands Sugarworks Vermont Maple Syrup
& Pure Maple Candy
Bloodroot Mountain Straight Up Ghost Sauce
Fox Meadow Maple & Pepper Rub
K&S Ruane Farm Pure Maple Sugar
Squeels on Wheels Kickin Chickin Dust
Papasmurphs Sweet & Spicy peppers&carrots
Benito's Maple Chipotle Rub
Judy's Vermont Java Lava Rub/Paste
Richard's Game Sauce & Hot BBQ Sauces
Gringo Jacks Whiskey BBQ & Vermont Maple Sauces
Papasmurphs Plum Crazy BBQ Sauce
Greene's Gourmet Dragon Fire Sauce
Maple Grove Farms Blended Maple Candy
Curtis' Spicy & Mild Southern Style Sauces
WOW! Where to start?!
Last edited by joem
Posting this for Wilber!

Received my package today! Can't wait to use all of it! Great smoked almonds!

Rieker's rib & brisket rub
Three little pigs BBQ rub
Backwoods blackened kick in chicken
Cow town sweet spot rub
Cajun injector Cajun shake
Rub some butt BBQ seasoning
Grumpy's goodnight loving BBQ sauce
Garrity's apple cider jelly
Hickory smoked jalapeño almonds
Wine,Brew&BBQ beer glass

Just got home and found a huge box on my front door. My son and I went through each item, finger testing as we went.

Early Christmas is right! Wilber you went way overboard. I am speechless. Well except for the terrible towel. How could you send that to a Charger fan?

Anyways, pictures will be posted soon. Already munching on some Jerky. It's a great day!
Well once I found out who I was sending to I knew I had to take care of the guy who organizes these exchanges. Its my first exchange but definitely not my last! I had a blast picking items for this! And as for the terrible towel I had to represent! Even tho I sat through a snow storm Sunday to watch the Steelers lose in the last 2 minutes. I am sure it will make a good polishing towel for your CS's Big Grin

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.