Skip to main content

After marinading 24 hours,I have a 10 lb brisket cut in half on 2 racks and a 5 lb pork butt cut in half side by side on 1 rack and a 2 lb meatloaf on the bottom rack. 4 hours of smoke pucks in the tube. I think the meat loaf will be done in the 4 hours or less on the bottom shelf where it is hottest. Even if its not ,I will remove the meatloaf so I can go to bed.I have the maverick set with alarm on for the meat and the unit temp. limits i want.Put it all on at 630pm fri. night. Planning on the meatloaf coming out within the first 4 hours,then going to bed. I figure the brisket and pork butt will smoke first 4 hours,then cook all night while Iam sleeping being ready in the morning for a total of 12-14 hours including the smoke session of 4 hours, so Iam thinking it will all be done 830-1030 am,then I plan on 2-4 hours of FTC,and serving it all for a lunch with friend n family noonish or around 1 pm !!
Will report on progress and final product ASAP.
After 45 min. the internal temp of the brisket reads 72,the box temp shows 195 on the maverick and ...yes the bradley reads 20 degrees lower than the maverick. Good to have this really great thing called the Maverick dual probe, remote temp. gauge.

Update 1030 pm,internal brisket temp 145, smoker temp 210.

Update
30 degree over night temp here in the panhandle of Texas.
At 720 am ,internal brisket food temp 170 f, somker temp 215f. Meat loaf stayed in all night,took just a little peak now and all looks great,good color,ect...total cooking time as of 720 am is 13 hours. pork butt cut in half on top shelf, side by side.A Brisket, cut in half on next 2 shelfs, meatloaf on bottom shelf in a stainless steel meatloaf basket ,an accessorie from brinkmann smoker catolog. And, the maverick temp probe sat right by my bed all night,which I pushed the backlight button to check temps several times during the night,a great little gadget.
Pulled it all off at 1030 am,wraped in foil,wraped in a towel,put in the empty ice chect/cooler (FTC)for 3 hours.
Execellent,time to chow down!
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.