Skip to main content

I have to say I'm so excited, my first Independence weekend with my cs020. I'm just about packed and ready for the trip to the lake, just wanted to wish all my friends good Qing this weekend. May we remember our Armed Forces as we enjoy the freedom earned by them.

I'm a fixing to smoke brisket,PBs, and ribs. How about you?
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm going to smoke a brisket flat, the biggest and thickest one I can find that is choice or better. I've never done a flat before, and I just want to try it. I won't have any company over, so I don't mind experimenting.

I'll also throw in some more eggs to smoke. The ones I did last week came out great.

Chicken pieces, probably leg quarters and breast quarters. It'll be my first chicken in the Amerique.

Maybe a rack or two of ribs.

I love smoked leftovers, lol.
quote:
Originally posted by AndyJ:
Just got back from Restaurant Depot with a Brisket and Port Butts. Also making Pork Peckers and smoked baked beans. First time I've been able to find a packer, no one around here carries them. Also there may be some adult beverages involved in the form of large amounts of Margaritas!

Hey AndyJ,

How are the prices at Reastaurant Depot compared to Costco or Sams?
3 racks of spares for me, the wife and the inlaws.

Timing's gonna be a little tricky though. Got snookered into driving the float for the wife's work in the parade. Gotta be to the staging area (10 min. from home) about 9:30.

Debating whether to throw into the SM025 at 9 at 200*, banking on being back before 12:30-1:00 (parade's at 11, so thinking its likely). Would then FTC and finish on the grill at the inlaws (we'd probably eat around 5). OR, throw in as soon as I get back and wait til they finish and FTC and head off to the inlaws (about a 20 min. drive), which leaves less time for visiting (which w/ the inlaws, I actually enjoy)!

Other than that... probably some baked beans (from scratch in the smoker), some tater salad and maybe a pretzel torte for dessert.

Everyone enjoy the 4th!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.