Skip to main content

I smoked a 6lb chicken in my CS 009 this afternoon. I started it at 3PM, rubbed with CS chicken rub and a mixture of Adobo powder and a spice mixture called Sazon that most Spanish people I know, use on everything. I took it out of the smoker at 7:15PM at about 165 degrees internal and finished over indirect heat on the grill to about 170 internal. It was all I could do to let it rest in foil for half an hour. Half an hour seemed like half a day. The aroma about drove me crazy. The skin was crispy and the meat was so juicy it ran down my arms as I attempted to devour as much as possible. Dang near ate half of it because I hadn't time to stop for lunch. I used about 2 oz. of hickory and it had great smoke flavor and the color of the bird was a deep mahogony brown. The only mistake I made was I cooked it upside down so, for presentation purposes it had grill marks on the breast instead of the part nobody eats. (Who knew?) All in all, a great success. Can't wait for a cold chicken sammich tomorrow for lunch or maybe even tonight. Big Grin
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.