Skip to main content

Well 10 of us just about destroyed a 10# pork butt last evening.

I used a homemade rub provided by GAILMO from the first rub/sauce exchange, and served three sauces provided by BUBBASZ1 from the most recent exchange. See a theme here?

Bubba, judging by what's left in the sauce bottles, I'd say the My Family's Sweet and Mild was the crowd favorite. Excellent thickness and body to that sauce.

Next up will be ribs using Dizzy Pig's Swamp Venom Eeker
And the award goes to:

Fastest shipper Que'n RN
First to receive Joe M
Best bonus item Fattie Piston by Que'n RN
Last to Ship SmokinOkie (although I take some responsibility for this)
Last to Receive Que'n RN
Best picture TIE MaxQ (You took some time to set that shot up!)Smoke Em If Ya Got Em (The Money bear serving the ribs,is hilarious)
Best Beer I have tried Magic Hat Sent by Jim
Best named product Dinosaur Bar B Que Cajun Foreplay!

If anyone else has awards please post!

This was a great exchange. Some awesome product! Some cool extras, and lots of good Q testing should be fun over the next few months. Have a great time, and don't forget to come back and talk about the product you received and tested.
Hey Cal. You went to a lot of trouble purchasing the stone and having that Western Kansas Limestone Fossil Rock fireplace built so it would be ready for your exchange picture.

Certainly, Padrefan should give you a reward for the best preparation and expense going into an exchange picture. Definitely worth a shot of Patron. Big Grin

Oh well. It's still a beautiful work and something to be proud of.
Tried Smokin's beef rub on a 17 # brisket last week- loved it. # 5 (Tornado scale)sauce quite hot for my taste but the sweet and mild sauces were great on ribs (as well as his rib rub)and pulled pork for sandwiches. Used some of the sweet sauce mixed with almonds and smoked- nice, very mild flavor to the almonds.
The E & L Supermercado Chicken Fajita Seasoning I received from Bubbasz1 is wonderful on anything.

I smoked some spares last weekend using just E & L Supermercado Chicken Fajita Seasoning and apple wood. Fantastic!

Yesterday I roasted a chcken on the grill using just E & L Supermercado Chicken Fajita Seasoning and again, it came our super tasty.

Now I'm wondering where I will be able to buy this wonderful product when I run out?!?
From my box from SmokinMaineiac, I have hardly been able to make a dent in the goods, since he sent me so much. But have found the Williams rib tickler rub to be very good on pork butt. Also like it on ribs, but liked the pork butt better. Haven't had the time to try the full "Trigg" technique using that and the Tiger sauce, but plan on it soon. The pecans and almonds he sent were literally out of this world, as were the jerky sticks. Have used the Chikky rub on super bowl wings, and liked the flavoring. Liked the Butchers sauce, but wish it had more zing. Haven't been able to use some of the hotter rubs yet, as friends that have been over lately are not fond of the hot stuff. Thanks Smokin Maineiac for a great box!

On a side note, Padre sent me some "Ring of Fire" habanero sauce in the exchange last year. I waited this long to break it open until my hot blooded brother was here New Years. It is a really good sauce. Not burning hot as you might think, but definitely warm with a good flavor. A little goes a long way but punctuates foods nicely. Wonderful when mixed in with refried beans. If you enjoy this type of flavor, I would recommend it highly. Thanks again PadreFan
Tried a modified version of the Trigg rib technique this weekend. Have to say, they were very good. More labor intensive than my standard ribs, but very very good. Thanks to Smoking Maineiac for the Williams rib tickler rub (I really like it) and the Tiger sauce, both of which he sent me in the Sauce Exchange. Also, I smoked the ribs with some sugar maple wood he sent me. The photo shows my "standard" rasperry chipotle ribs on top (darker color) and the Trigg style ribs on the bottom. The Trigg style ribs certainly have a nicer appearance, great flavor. My standard ribs have more bite and better bark. Depends on what you like--personal preference.

Thanks Maineiac!

Attachments

Images (1)
  • ribs
quote:
Originally posted by Soleman:
Tried a modified version of the Trigg rib technique this weekend. Have to say, they were very good. More labor intensive than my standard ribs, but very very good. Thanks to Smoking Maineiac for the Williams rib tickler rub (I really like it) and the Tiger sauce, both of which he sent me in the Sauce Exchange. Also, I smoked the ribs with some sugar maple wood he sent me. The photo shows my "standard" rasperry chipotle ribs on top (darker color) and the Trigg style ribs on the bottom. The Trigg style ribs certainly have a nicer appearance, great flavor. My standard ribs have more bite and better bark. Depends on what you like--personal preference.

Thanks Maineiac!

Does my heart good to know you like and use the stuff I sent along. Tell me about that raspberry chipotle rib method...they look most edible.
Awesome contrast diference with these ribs side by side. Nice job on both - I would likely need to eat some of each.

quote:
Originally posted by Soleman:

Thanks Maineiac!
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinMAINEiac:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbasz1:
That or just ask the sender, I can wander down that way, just about a 20 minute ride>>>I told you I use that stuff on damn near everything. Smiler

Let's see...rotisserie chicken, ribs, ribs again, pork chops on the grill, what is it about that stuff that makes everything taste so good? I'm thinkin' salmon next mebbe...

I don't know, they have a steak Fajita seasoning that is just as good?? or did I send you both, I don't remember. I'm going down there probably in a couple of weeks to stock up on some marinaded meat they sell so let me know if you need anything.
Mixed in some Dizzy Pig Swamp Venom and Fire Roasted chipotle rub I got from Bubbasz1 on the rub and sauce exchange along with my customary DennyMike's Sublime Swine rub on some spares yesterday and all I can say is "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, THAT WAS HOT! Eeker ". Guess I'll have to put in less next time.

Mrs. SmokinMAINEiac will tell you that I do tend to get carried away with the heat from time to time. Red Face

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.