Skip to main content

Feedback for MaxQ.

We had pork tenderloin (oven baked) for dinner tonight. I used your rib and pork rub on it. That rub is great and now also my favorite for pork. Mrs. Pags and my daughter loved it. Have to try it on ribs.

Ate the pork tenderloin with just the rub, but I also added the Fire in the Mountains Maple Barbecue Sauce to a few pieces so you could get some feedback. It's a pretty good sauce. The maple taste comes through with a bit of heat. Small pieces of onions floating in it. Sweetish flavor but tangy.

After trying the rub and sauce my daughter said, "Max has our taste."
quote:
Originally posted by Cook One:
quote:
Originally posted by Joe M:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbasz1:
Well, the postman left me a box in the door with lots of goodies in it. Only one problem, "WHO ARE YOU" Big Grin I've got it narrowed down to one of about three or four people who doesn't have there location in their profile! LOL
Thanks Richard from Alabama!!
I have some new stuff to try with that 22 LB whole shoulder I'm going to stuff in the old 025 this weekend Smiler

I'm guessing COOK ONE!

Correct, I'm sorry for the handwritten note and short box, I had an unexpected family medical issue and I did not want you to have to be the last one to receive their box. I hope you enjoy the variety.

Thanks Cook One, totally love the contents, and my wife says the shirt fits just fine,Smiler
I'm afraid I might have streatched it out a tad if I put it on,LOL>>no worries!
Pretty much SOP around here, it's a belly issue I guess. Eeker
Just got home from being out of town for three days.. Not sure how long my box had been settin under the carport but its here... BD in KS has sent me a great box.. Things in a rush around here but I did find time to chew on some Killer Jerky.. I dont have time for all the Highlights but just wanted Britt to know I did get it.. Pictures will be posted tomorrow..
Thanks again Britt
Just so you know, I got my box a few days ago and had to wait to open and WOW

Well worth the wait.

Ya'll can have box envy to go along with Deck Envy.

No less than 9 Mustard Sauces...and some dry rub and some Chimichurri sauce.

One item isn't in the photo. My wife grabbed the Hot Sauce and is already eating it. I heard her yelling from the other end of the house it was HOT!!!

Thanks to JoeM, you set a new standard...

Mail lady delivered heavy box today from Smoke Em If Ya Got Em straight from Santa Barbara County, home of the Tri Tip! Smiler You out did your self especially since you don't even have your SM25 yet! Eeker

From Suzie Q: Santa Maria seasoning (2!), Santa Maria Valley Pinquito Beans and Salsa.
From F.McLintocks restaurant: BBQ Sauce and Tri Tip Santa Maria Seasoning.
From Cowboy Flavor: BBQ Sauce and Rub
From Hitching Post: Restaurant from movie Sideways-BBQ Sauce and Magic Dust.
The Spice Hunter: Turkey Brine
Shalhoob Meet Co.: Santa Barbara style Beef Jerky
Bonus: Bottle of Firestone Walkers Reserve Porter (no you can't have it Padrefan)
Packing material: Pile of Red Oak wood chunks!!

Guess I'll have to thaw out that 4.5# Tri Tip in the freezer! Will use your "go to" Susie Q Seasoning for rub and side of Pinquito Beans. I've never used any kind of oak so will use your red oak. Of course a chilled Firesone Porter and your beef jerky for a cook's snack! Big Grin

Thanks again Troy!
quote:
Originally posted by iSmoke:
[IMG]http://i1173.photobucket.co m/albums/r587/jsnoghrass/C189B129-A24C-4D32-8A2D-267AD1BBA72C-924-00000185F89E927E.jpg[/IMG]

Bonus: Bottle of Firestone Walkers Reserve Porter (no you can't have it Padrefan)

Eeker Eeker Eeker

It's okay. I have had that one a few times. Razzer

It's an outstanding porter. And Firestone Walker makes one of my favorite beers I have ever had. "Parabola".

Nice bonus Troy! Love it!
Last edited by padrefan98
I just received a great box from S&H, thank you so much. I can't wait to gain a few more pounds using this great assortment of flavors. As nice as the box is, and it is nice, the note added was a great description of the items and I really appreciate you taking the time to write it.

For those of you who did not sign up this time, please join us next time. It is such a joy to receive items from different parts of the country and in my case a great note explaining a little about the sender, that you really are missing out by not participating. This is great fun.

I will be sending some photos to Smokin so maybe he will post the pictures, because quite honestly I do not know how, and I don't want to learn.

Thanks again S&H, wonderful box. When is the next exchange?
Cook one

Really glad you got and liked the box. Being a couple old southern boys I think there might be some flavors there you might like.

The thing I find kool about this exchange is that it reminds me that the forum is made up of regular folks with a common passion. From the weekender to the competitor. The caterer to the restauranteurs. All willin to donate time and information that just can't be found anywhere else. So if you haven't joined in on the exchange then your missing a good chance to fine tune a craft and maybe get to know some good people along the way.

So Richard is that the way to post pictures? I'm glad to know I'm not the only knuckle head that can't post a picture. I'll send mine off to Smokin tonight.

Thanks again Padrefan for all you do and I'm with Cook one when's the next exchange!!
Thank you for the plug guys. It really is a great way to try new things and meet people who are passionate foodies like us. One other cool thing about the exchange is that some of the product you could receive is likely something you may not of considered trying or even knew existed. One of the items I received in a previous exchange had smoked Itailian pistachios. Freeking amazing and the best nut I have ever tasted. The boxes and products look great. I hope to see some more photos soon.
I received my box of goodies!!! The name on the return address did not match anybody. So as a trained observer I read over some past posts and learned that AndyJ forgot to put his product letter in the box...Clue #1 as my box did not have a letter...And he posted that his box was out for delivery from Santa Maria...Clue #2 nearest UPS hub near me.

So I'm going to guess my box was from AndyJ!!! Thank you AndyJ for all the awesome goodies. Can't wait to try all the good looking rubs and sauces.

A "MONEY" pic and description to follow!

Thanks Again AndyJ...If it was you Smiler
quote:
Originally posted by Smoke Em If Ya Got Em...:

Thanks Again AndyJ...If it was you Smiler

Yep, that would have been me. Check your PM for details. Hope you enjoy it.

Come on Cal, just because Pags spilled the beans doesn't mean we can't make it a little mysterious.

Just like my box, I have no idea who could possibly be sending it, but evidently there's a rumor floating around Oklahoma City that it'll arrive tomorrow. Confused Roll Eyes Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by iSmoke:

Mail lady delivered heavy box today from Smoke Em If Ya Got Em straight from Santa Barbara County, home of the Tri Tip! Smiler You out did your self especially since you don't even have your SM25 yet! Eeker

From Suzie Q: Santa Maria seasoning (2!), Santa Maria Valley Pinquito Beans and Salsa.
From F.McLintocks restaurant: BBQ Sauce and Tri Tip Santa Maria Seasoning.
From Cowboy Flavor: BBQ Sauce and Rub
From Hitching Post: Restaurant from movie Sideways-BBQ Sauce and Magic Dust.
The Spice Hunter: Turkey Brine
Shalhoob Meet Co.: Santa Barbara style Beef Jerky
Packing material: Pile of Red Oak wood chunks!!

Guess I'll have to thaw out that 4.5# Tri Tip in the freezer! Will use your "go to" Susie Q Seasoning for rub and side of Pinquito Beans. I've never used any kind of oak so will use your red oak. Of course a chilled Firesone Porter and your beef jerky for a cook's snack! Big Grin

Thanks again Troy!

Your welcome iSmoke, hope you enjoy!!!!
Quick update...I got my smoker last week and did my first ever pork butt. I used the Cowboy Flavor rub and mixed it with a bunch of brown sugar...9lb butt for 19 hours, came out perfect! My dad and lil brother ate 4 sandwiches each during the playoff game. Can't wait for my next smoke!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.