Skip to main content

I have a custom metal table I use for my 009. I removed the casters, and bolted the unit on top. It is now very heavy and not so easy to move back into the shed every time. I had a factory kettle grill cover (no names mentioned, rhymes with schmeber!) that fits over it very well. It seems weather proof. Is this an acceptable way to store it for the rest of the summer/fall or should I make some wheels for the table and move it every time.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

For something as uncomplicated electronically as the SM009 (I had it's older sister the SM008) I would suggest you INVEST in the Cookshack cover. It fits like a GLOVE and being you already have the unit bolted to a table high snow drifts won't reach the SM009. Right ?? I now have an SM150 and the Cookshack cover, also my unit is under an umbrella and this winter I plan on keeping it on my deck under that umbrella with the cover on.

The SM009 is a real sweet little smoker.
I agree with BigMike. Get the Cookshack cover. It's a little money well spent.

I have a 9 year old 008 that sits covered year round on a deck at my house in the Chicago area. It's also used year round in temps ranging from sub-zero to 100F+. Ditto with a newer 009 (minus the sub-zero) at a second home in Florida. They've never missed a beat.

Below is a pic of the 008 in Chicago following a blizzard we had a couple winters ago. After a little shoveling and sweeping, it was doing it's job in 30 minutes.
Last edited by dls

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.