Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well, I actually posted the details, but halfway though the upload the site froze, I didnt feel like typing again. Anyway, here goes.....

The family doesn't really care for smoky food, so I didn't use any wood. Cooked at 250 approximately 3 hours. Was very moist; my wife loved it, but my 10 year old was not a fan. (He is used to his mom's dried out chicken breasts cooked on the George Forman grill). Because it was so moist, he didn't think it was done. He'll come around. The bacon wasn't neccessary, but was tasty. Next time I will put the rosmary, with a head of garlic in the smoke box, like I do my prime ribs. Much better aroma. The lemon and orange slices were nice, however next time I will remove the rine. Was a bit overpowering. All in all, it was a nice moist bird.
Great post Russ, thanks for the photos.

I'm not sure about the bacon, just doesn't taste right on chicken for me. But it's a technique that works for some. You know me, if I don't want to dry them out, I brine them.

Retyping, oh yeah, been there done that, after several thousand posts and having it happen to me. When I'm typing a tutorial, I build it in a word doc and then copy/cut/paste it into here so I don't lose it. SOMETIMES it's because it times out. You're always having these problems, but I appreciate you working through it and posting.

LOVE the photos.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.