Skip to main content

I noticed the new website lists commercial and residential only.

Is Cookshack moving away from competition centric marketing/design?

I know the cookers have never been really designed for competition in terms of mobility etc, but just curious if this was intentional or maybe just for simplicity sake.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well, since the post is back from 2017, and we have been using this site for already a lot of time, i don't really know what the developers wanted to do, but i think it was for the sake of simplicity. I mean, most people really like it when everything is simple, and understandable for anyone. Let's say, we like when everything is intuitive. Taking into consideration the fact that i am working in the web design domain, that is why like the magneto platform for ecommerce. It is really great, doesn't have many requirements, and is really easy to use. I remember the first time i was working on a website so i called for https://amasty.com/custom-main...e-for-magento-2.html as they have the best maintaining services for this platform.

Last edited by Walshsam

Welshsam:  The big thing is that what might be intuitive and simple for computer literate people, might not be as simple and intuitive for those of us that are not.  I used to be on this site every day before the change.  I very seldom come here now.  I know that there are a lot of the old members of the forum that have simply left and will not come back.  This used to be a vibrant and active forum, but because someone decided the they could make it cheaper, more simple, and more intuitive, they screwed everything up.

I think from the CS messages as they transferred the format, they had little choice, as their long-time platform provider just up and quit. They apparently have little in-house capability, so had to choose a new platform without much time or expertise to evaluate it for quality or capability for their needs. So, we are stuck with this, and the package CS bought apparently leaves them essentially no control over format or capability. I for one am very disappointed at the number of people who bailed, who were mainstays of this forum, even after Smokin Okie retired as moderator. It was a steep learning curve for this format, and it is in no way equivalent to the older one in terms of user friendliness and searchability, but for dedicated CS users and fans, such as me, it still serves as a good venue for sharing information, and even comaraderie. I wish some of the older contibutors, many of whom were very experienced professional and comp cooks, would return. At this late date, probably not going to happen. Although some may still lurk.

I am guilty for not remaining active also. I slid out about the same time Smokin Okie retired. He's still alive and well, I catch him here and there. My issue was that life just got too busy.

When I was starting out I received quite a boatload of help and information from the "old timers" of this forum.  Smokin and Cal, just to name a couple

For some reason I just started receiving updates from the forum again out of the blue so here I am. I haven't really looked around at this time, but I do kinda like the looks of the layout so far.  I do wish the posts had a date stamp on them so you could tell how old they were

I am guilty for not remaining active also. I slid out about the same time Smokin Okie retired. He's still alive and well, I catch him here and there. My issue was that life just got too busy.

When I was starting out I received quite a boatload of help and information from the "old timers" of this forum.  Smokin and Cal, just to name a couple

For some reason I just started receiving updates from the forum again out of the blue so here I am. I haven't really looked around at this time, but I do kinda like the looks of the layout so far.  I do wish the posts had a date stamp on them so you could tell how old they were

If you look hard at bottom left, date/time!👍

Very few people like the new format.  The old platform, social strata, went away and CS went to hoopla which is now crowdstack.  This link goes back to some of the earliest complaints. There are 3 pages which you might want to read. Strange but smack dab in the middle of the uproar, for just a few post, it became Q again. Anyway, relief the disappointment many of us felt at the time it happened.

https://forum.cookshack.com/to...ike-of-the-new-forum

Last edited by oldsarge

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.