Skip to main content

Any comments/recommendations on third party covers? I have a 10 ft overhang that the smoker will sit under but it still needs a cover, especially with our Buffalo Winters. How 'safe' from the elements are the smokers left out all year? I'm thinking being stainless steel as long as I keep the electronics dry I'm ok?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've had an SM025 with the Cookshack cover for almost 2 years. My smoker lives outside all year long, no overhang. During the rainy season I put a large plastic bag over the cover for a little extra protection.

The only problem I've noticed so far is that the blackened coating on the inside flakes off every now and then with the temperature and humidity changes. So before and after every smoke I wipe down all the interior surfaces with dry paper towels.
I've got a SM020 (the same size as the SM025 but the older discontinued model...) that has been outside under a standard cookshack cover for about 5 years now... It's doing great. It even spent most of one winter without a cover as I forgot to put it back on, and then didn't cook or go in the back yard for a couple months. Eeker
I bought a cover for my CS 025 two years ago. The cover is WAY TOO TIGHT. It is hard to get on and I now have a few tears in the cover. The tears are not a big problem because my CS 025 is on a covered patio. Thought we are in Topeka, KS, the covered patio is fairly protected. My wife is going to make another cover that is gray so it will go better with our patio deck boards. It will also slip on and off easier.

If anyone has recommendations on where one could buy a gray cover that loosely fits the 025, I would appreciate knowing who provides such a cover.

PS I do love the CS025

Terry Sandlin
quote:
Originally posted by Terry Sandlin:
I bought a cover for my CS 025 two years ago. The cover is WAY TOO TIGHT. It is hard to get on and I now have a few tears in the cover. The tears are not a big problem because my CS 025 is on a covered patio. Thought we are in Topeka, KS, the covered patio is fairly protected. My wife is going to make another cover that is gray so it will go better with our patio deck boards. It will also slip on and off easier.

If anyone has recommendations on where one could buy a gray cover that loosely fits the 025, I would appreciate knowing who provides such a cover.

PS I do love the CS025

Terry Sandlin

Tight? I'll tell you what tight is...try putting the cover on an SM025 when it lives in a 20cf plastic garden shed. Practically impossible, yet I did it twice already...once to see if I could and once to put the CS to bed for 3 months when we went to Florida for the winter.

Comes off darn hard also. But what a well made cover it is!
quote:
Originally posted by Bigpapam109:
I honestly don't understand the problem with it being tight. I have had one on mine for almost a year now and love it. It takes 2 minutes to put on. You have to just start one side, then the other then gently rock it down and then it slides right over.

Correct. I start with the back right because the cover seam lines up with that corner of the smoker. Then the back left, front left, and front right in order after that. Once I get all 4 corners started and rock the cover a little, it slides right down without any further urging. It's a well made cover and fits like a glove.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.