Kevin's Cornbread Dressing:
1 cup diced onion
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
3 raw eggs
3 boiled eggs
1 1/2 cup whole milk
1 cup chopped,cooked turkey or chicken
3 pkgs. Martha White buttermilk cornbread mix
chicken bouillion for broth
1. Saute celery in skillet with two tablespoons of margarine over low heat until celery is tender
(approx. 30 min.)
2. Add onion to skillet and continue to cook for 10 min. Remove onion and celery and set aside.
3. mix cornbread mix, milk, and two eggs
4. Place greased 13x9 pan into pre-heated 400 degree oven for 3-4 min.
5. Remove from oven and pour cornbread mixture into pan and return to oven to bake for 20 minutes or until browned.
6. Remove from oven ..allow to cool..and crumble very fine.
7. Add chicken broth to cornbread until thoroughly saturated...about 2 1/2 quarts.
8. add celery and onion, mix, and cover and refrigerate. You can make this recipe up until this point the day before. and take it out of the fridge when ready to bake.
9. When ready to bake, add meat, boiled eggs, and one raw beaten egg. mix well, season to taste with salt and pepper and a dash of red pepper flakes.
10.Before baking, add more broth if needed (dressing should be very watery before baking or it will dry out.
11. Bake covered in a 350 degree oven, for one hour.......uncover, and continue baking for another hour or until browned on top.