Skip to main content

To other owners of the Fast Eddies 100 series cooker. I am having a problem with my smoker. It will start up just fine and put pellets in the smoker and ignite them and get up to the temp I requested. Sometimes it will cook for three to four hours and reset itself or sometimes it will reset itself after 30 minutes. The pellets are not going into the smoker after a while and the fire goes out therefore sending the temp from 225 down to 90 degrees or so before starting up again. I have had Cook Shack on the phone for two days and don't seem to have an answer. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

No, I haven't.

If you had them on the phone for two days, what did they say? They'll certainly be able to help you more than we can.

From you description, I can't really tell what's going on.

Let CS help you, it's easier many times than trying to go back and forth on the internet, but we'll help if we can.
Thanks SmokinOkie.
It did the same thing again this morning. It was working great at 225 and feeding the pellets great and then about an hour after I started the temp started going down and no more pellets being fed at all. Temp got down to about 140 and I shut it off. Here we go again!
quote:
Originally posted by Undertaker:
Cook Shack Tech just left. Bad controler in the FEC100. Cook Shack is sending a new one out asap. Hope that takes care of it. I could not be more happy with the customer service from CS. These guys are great!!

Thats been my expearience aswell, Great Customer Service... Let us know how the new controler work for ya. Smiler
Last edited by Former Member
Well....unfortunately the controller was not the problem....the new relay for the auger was not the problem....and evidently the auger motor was not the problem. But this thing still is not working. They have tried everything possible and the tech and cook shack people are stunned. They have worked out a plan to get me a new one and get this back to Oklahoma so they can see for themselves what the heck is going on.

I am telling everyone on here. These cook shack people are the most incredible folks in the world for customer service and attention. It is nice to know there are still folks like this around.
quote:
Originally posted by Undertaker:

I am telling everyone on here. These cook shack people are the most incredible folks in the world for customer service and attention. It is nice to know there are still folks like this around.

Sorry to hear it's not resolved, but you bring up the best point.

In the end, CS is doing what it has to in order to fix it.
Sorry it took me a while...but I have a follow up to my FEC 100 saga!

The incredible folks at CookShack have sent me a brand new Fast Eddies 100 and replaced the bad one. After many visits from a tech out of Knoxville, TN, they have decided that this cooker needs an autopsy performed in Oklahoma! They sent me a new one with all new supplies and took back the old one. The new one is working perfect so far!

I cannot say enough great things about these Cook Shack folks. I will sing your praises forever!!! (Or at least until this FEC100 goes bad on me!) Smiler Just kidding!

Thanks so very much!

Mark

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.