Skip to main content

I just put a major fire out in my FE100. The seal is gone on the bottom halve and the door. I need to use this on Thursday and don't have time to air freight a seal here by then. Can anyone tell me what type of rubber material is used for the seal and I will go to one of the industrial shops here in town and make my own.
My number is 360-425-8785.
Thanks
Dan
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by duck:
My FE100 never had a seal to begin with. Just run your unit without it, you will be fine. Little smoker comes out between the door and the unit but it is a smoker.

Can't do that if the unit was built for a seal, when you take it off, there will be a gap. Which means the gap would be the size of the seal that's missing and that's a BIG gap IF you took the whole thing off.

Nope, no replacement that I know of, as it's hi temp gasket. You can probably run it fine, it will just leak smoke. No biggie.
I think I like my older FE100 even better. No seals to worry about (don't have any), have had the controller modified so I have a 225 setting, no problem hitting high temps when needed, no high temp limit.

I was thinking about getting rid of it and getting a new fancy one with the new controller but I think I will let the old dirty one stick around a while longer.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.