Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by mike boggs:
can you cook with out pellet smoke on a fec 100.do you just leave out the pellets or is there better way?

Mike, didn't you just get a new one?

Not sure what you're wanting to achieve. Most Pellet owners don't think there is a better way Big Grin

100% of the heat and smoke come from Pellets, that's the only way it works.

Why do you ask, are you looking for something different?
Last edited by Former Member
was not sure on how the fec heated but know I no,all of this probably would not have come up if my daughter would not have asked me if she could cook pies in this thing,and yes I just picked this smoker up in Reno last weekend, it took me a few minutes to get it going and a day or two to get the hang of this fourm stuff not to computer savey
Randy,

How about posting your cobbler (have any pics) in the recipe forum?

Mike,

It's an oven, so use the temps as you need to. You CAN cook just about anything in there, so if you have a pie recipe, go for it.

But I'm still with a question, WHY? Certainly you can, but why?

Although it wouldn't be unusual. Most new owners have so much fun, they want to smoke everything, from eggs for breakfast or fatties, to soups and other liquids, to salts for adding.

Russ
Last edited by Former Member
quote:
was not sure on how the fec heated but know I no,all of this probably would not have come up if my daughter would not have asked me if she could cook pies in this thing,and yes I just picked this smoker up in Reno last weekend, it took me a few minutes to get it going and a day or two to get the hang of this fourm stuff not to computer savey

Mike dont worrie about asking any question that may sound stupid, i think im the leader of the group that asks crazy questions, so keep the comming and i hope you enjoy you new smoker and il bet the pies came out great after you tried it..
quote:

You bought the fec100 and didn't know it burned pellets for it's only source of heat? If that is true then I got a good chuckle off of that. Well now that you know how it works, I hope you have a great time using it. I have yet to purchase mine, but I'm doing my research on them all the same.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.