Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Mine set here at the beach during rainy season and 30 mph winds.

The cover zips ground to top,on each side to open the door.It will flip up ,over the top,and then down again-by gravity.

I unzip,to move meats etc.

Like Scottie,all my cookers set out all the time in the covers.

Great tool,as well as investment.

Tom-Fl
I agree. I'm very fussy about quality, and the cover exceeded my expectation. The cover is made out of a high quality, heavy material, with zippers on each side of the front so that you can leave it on during a cook to shield from the elements, yet have easy access.
It's a no-brainer - grab one!
Do you guys put anything over the exhaust area? It's supposed to rain tomorrow and my wife wants her car back in the garage so the FEC has to stay on the patio Roll Eyes It's covered but I'm wondering about rain getting into the pipe opening or even under the cover in the area around the slot in the cover.
I have the adjustable 90 deg elbow also.
Fair weather--it is turned up.
Foul weather, I set it at "just under" horizontal and (hopefully) away from the prevailing wind.
That keeps the rain and wind out just fine.

I actually doubt that even if a single elbow was pointed straight down that it would present a restriction--but I have not tried that and I am not an engineer Red Face

Good luck.

TIM
I was at the hardware store today to get some other suff and I stopped by the aisle with the duct work, etc. and picked up a 5" elbow, a 2 ft. long piece of 5" tube and a 5" vent. When I tried to put the elbow on the FEC is wouldn't fit. The end that is crimped so it fits into another piece is too big to fit into the exhaust on the FEC and the other end is too small to fit over the exhaust. This is all the bright silver stuff but the labels say 5" stove pipe elbow, etc. Did I buy the wrong stuff?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.