Skip to main content

Since I've had my FEC-100 I've spent many hours reading past entries in this forum and others concerning this great machine. This started me thinking that a DVD on the care and feeding of an FE and FEC would be good and useful tool. Done right with professional equipment and techniques, it could prove to be a popular item, especially to the newbies like myself. I'm not saying there would be a lot of money in it as the project would be more a labor of love, especially if it were available to be seen on the internet. I envision the video covering the basics in home use as well as competition cooking including hidden facts like the secret over temperature breaker and how rack placement can trip it. The video should also cover cleaning, transporting and powering the cooker as well as vent installation.
I have the equipment and experience in video production and now that I'm retired, the time.
I don't know if there is a problem with Cookshack as far as brand protection but with the videos I've shot on Dutch oven cooking, Lodge and Campchef have been very cooperative.
What are your thoughts and what are the less obvious points you would like to see covered if I were to take on this project?

Larry Jacobs
Utah BBQ Association
Salt Lake City, Utah

for personal contact: larrysjacobs@mac.com
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.