Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

What I did when I used it in a daily operation is just scrape the racks after every use. Then once a week I would take one whole rack section, carrier and all out. Rotate the unit around where I had the missing rack at the bottom. Then I had a scraper on a long handle that was like a hoe. scrape all the debris in the bootom lose and shoveled it out to a trash can. Bring the rotiserie up and put the racks back in. Heat the unit to 300 degrees and start power washing. It would take about an hour to do the whole thing. Keep the burnners running and let run till the unit was dry. Don't forget to put a couple of pumps of grease in the bearing blocks on the rotisserie when your done.
I pressure wash the inside of the rotisserie pits. Just heat them up to 300 and wash away. Keep the nozzle pointed down. I don't wash any higher then the center shaft. Do not wash the burnner area. I do not wash the 100's. I only use a plastic wide scrapper on them and take all the parts out and wash those good. They cook better with the walls being dark. It's like cooking with a cast iron skillet. The cure in the stainless helps.
quote:
Originally posted by Fast Eddy:
The restaraunt had a grease trap on the sewer. A car wash would also be a legal dump and they have grease trap type systems. The owners may not be overly thrilled about it. I't's not that much debris if you scrape it out first.

Or you could wash it out after the car wash help has left for the evening...just to avoid any un needed conversation with them Wink

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.