Skip to main content

I have been smoking for a number of years. I have had a brinkman water smoker, electric and charcoal, I built a double barrel smoker, got a couple of good years out of it. I now have had a Goodwin (42"?)for a couple of years. I am in my second week of taking orders from friends at work and cooking for them. The bbq that I produce is good. I am researching the possiblity of either doing concession on a bigger scale and/or opening a restuarant in my area. I have read about the FEC100 and am interested. I am interested in hearing how others have used an FEC100 in both situations, the volumes that can be produced. I would also be interested in seeing one in action. I am in the Central Missouri area. I would love to see one in action if there is anyone in the area that has one.

Thanks
Papa
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

He'll be back directly,with more info,but basically we use the Cookshack 10 rib racks,on the upper three shelves.

The bottom one works,but you have to pay a little more attention and rotate once during the cook.

We did a volume cook on John's FEC, for large crowds,as soon as we got the racks,and they worked great.

The expert will add to it.
Tom is exactly right. I have the Cookshack rib racks and get ten racks per level in the cooker. Halfway through the cook, I will switch the top rack with the third rack down so as to even out the cooking process.

The racks work great. I will suggest that you spray the racks with a vegtable spray before using them as the ribs tend to stick the first few times. But no biggee.

John

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.