Skip to main content

Did a rebuild on our FE after it caught fire (not me!) and now the igniter won't come on. I'm not there today but will have the voltmeter to test with. The auger feeds pellets but no light. All electrical components are new. Tell me how to check it. I downloaded a copy of the wiring diagram.Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The ignitor had been replaced. I was able to put a volt meter on it and while running, was getting 120 VAC at the ignitor connection. Shut off the power and there was no continuity through the ignitor indicating to me there was not a path for the power to pass= bad ignitor. Replaced part under part warranty. It's fixed. Next time though I think instead of pulling it all apart to replace the ignitor I think I'll just take the four screws out of the firebox, loosen the allen screw. Tape a string onto the old ignitor and pull it out thru the square tube . Tape the new one on to the string and pull it back into the fire box and reassemble. Taking all that stuff apart is too much work when there is an easier way.
The new FE's have a better way for doing it. FYI, unless you have a fire, which you did, the ignitor typically doesn't need replacing.

I have 4 and have only replaced one ignitor in 5 years.

Keep in mind, you can still use it, just start a manual fire (starter gel or something) and you can use it until you replace the ignitor.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.