Skip to main content

I had a slow start today when firing up the smoker, and pellets were all over the firebox on fire, the unit shut down and has no power. I'm hoping this is a safety feature, and it will turn on when temp cools off? Anyone know for sure? Couldn't find mention of this.

The temp inside the smoker must have been pretty high, some brisket inside looks like someone took a blow torch to it!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm guessing temp? The firebox area was ablaze with pellets all up the ramp and all over the floor, what a mess! I fired it back up after getting what I could out, hopefully the meat for tomorrow will be waiting for me when I get there in the morning. I ran it for about 90 min before I left and it seemed to be fine.
The "nice little green button" is the high limit switch I believe (not 100% positive since it's green, but that's the standard FE design). You had to have exceeded temps for it to do that.

The overflow is something else. The fire had to have gone out at some point and then the pellets kept pouring in.

What temp were you trying to run at?
We were smoking at 225 via the brisket button. I think our ignitor failed, since I can't feel any heat in the firebox. I just use a handful of pellets and some gel now, and haven't had a problem since. Its actually a lot easier on my psyche this way, since I don't need to fret about if it lit or not, I know right away its going and as soon as I turn the unit on I can hear the flames. Haven't had a problem since.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.