Skip to main content

We'll smoked my first butt. I received the smoker thursday afternoon and seasoned it friday. I got a 8.20Lb pork shoulder friday afternoon rubbed it down and put in the smoker at 10pm with 3oz's of hickory. I set the temp to 220deg cause my thermometer said the smoker was at 236deg when set at 225deg(top rack) and went to bed. I pulled the shoulder out at 215pm sat afternoon at 193deg. I pulled the butt apart for sandwiches. All I can say is this smoker is awesome. The shoulder turned out juicy, moist with great flavor and good bark too. Can't wait to do another one. Thank's alot to all the member's on this forum, it make's it so much easier to get thing's right when you have all the right info. Thank's Tim
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yep,that's why we encourage all the new folks to read Smokin's fine 101 s,the forum where they plan to cook,and then all the best of forum.

Many folks seem to feel that,pluggin' in a unit,going to the grocery and talking to a clerk that can't tell a brisket from a chicken leg,and figure it is like fryin' an egg,or boilin' water,and it is time to cook the sister's wedding for 150.

Sure do make it entertainin' watching. Smiler

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.