Skip to main content

Well the wait is over and Brown just dropped her off. It was hard enough not to get it in time for the weekend but I survived. It sure is funny how a man gets all worked up over a new BBQ device! I have been BBQ'n for almost 30 years. I have built several smokers and grills but this is the one I have dreamed about for some time. Like everyone else I have researched and read this forum over and over till I just couldn't wait any longer. I'm going to season her tonight and then the big test! Going for the pork butt first. I have three small ones to do for a weekend party. Well I better go and unwrap her and drool some more!! I really want to thank everyone that offers the great advice on this forum site. I will post pictures of the finished product. mhumm38
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hope your first smoke is a success. Good advice from the regulars. Do not forget to poke a hole in the foil on the bottom of the unit. I like to foil the bottom of the smoke box cover. This way clean-up is easy. I hope you have a remote temp gauge because you need to know what your smoker is doing. The unit only requires a few pieces of wood. Go easy on hickory if you use any. I'm looking forward to the pictures.
Thanks for all the great advice! One of my buddies came over last night and now he's studing the web site. He will be buying one soon. This smoker is one of the best built I have seen around lately. It just surprizes me that it weighs so much for its size! Great Smoker and Great support, What else is there?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.