Skip to main content

Hi folks! Smiler

I was about to pull the trigger and order a new SM066 unit when I stumbled upon a nice gentleman who needed to raise cash and had a new SM045 (used 3 times and purchased about 6 weeks ago). The price was right, so now he has what he needs and I have what I wanted, or at least a darn good smoker that I can upgrade don the road if I need to.

I'm looking forward to participating in the forum and to sharing experiences along the way. I will probably ruin a few pieces of meat along the way, but there just aren't any decent pit BBQs in my area since my favorite (Bennett's) closed up their Englewood location.

No questions right now, and no experiences yet to share, but I wanted to say hello and to thank all of the folks who have already contributed so much to the forum.

Now, since I am on a mini-vacation this week, I think I'll go get some meat. Wish me luck!

Ron
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Mile Hi BBQ:
Hi folks! Smiler

I was about to pull the trigger and order a new SM066 unit when I stumbled upon a nice gentleman who needed to raise cash and had a new SM045 (used 3 times and purchased about 6 weeks ago). The price was right, so now he has what he needs and I have what I wanted, or at least a darn good smoker that I can upgrade don the road if I need to.

I'm looking forward to participating in the forum and to sharing experiences along the way. I will probably ruin a few pieces of meat along the way, but there just aren't any decent pit BBQs in my area since my favorite (Bennett's) closed up their Englewood location.

No questions right now, and no experiences yet to share, but I wanted to say hello and to thank all of the folks who have already contributed so much to the forum.

Now, since I am on a mini-vacation this week, I think I'll go get some meat. Wish me luck!

Ron

Congratulations and welcome. Now go buy a pork butt for your first smoke. Put it in the smoker and read all about PBs while you wait.
You definetly won't be sorry.
I've had my SMO45 since about March and nothing I've tried has ben dogfood, yet.

Follow some of the recipes posted here, first, then work on modifying them to your taste.

I think there's still a Bennetts here in Denver, but it's way up north. I, too, was sorry to see Bennetts in Englewood go.

Good Luck and Great Que to ya.
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinMAINEiac:

Congratulations and welcome. Now go buy a pork butt for your first smoke. Put it in the smoker and read all about PBs while you wait.

He he, yep, there is a pork butt in the fridge waiting for me to rub it down and get to it, as well as a big ol' chicken waitin to try my favorite grilled beer can version with some smoke to amp it up a notch.

I've done a bit of reading already, but of course there is nothing so good as experience to teach.

Cheers,
Ron

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.