Skip to main content

Hey guys,

Just wondering how difficult it is for two average size guys to carry the FEC100? I'm going to have to carry it from my garage to the patio which is about 70-100 feet. The snow and ice will prevent me from rolling it.

I was thinking of getting moving straps, but not sure if they are necessary.

Any advice or tips are welcome.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Have you seen anyone effectivley use a hand truck or appliance truck to move it? I'm not sure if it's the strap or the nose/lip on the hand truck that does the lifting, but the fact that the FEC100 is about 20 inches off the ground (versus a washing machine or refrig)has me concerned that this method would work.

Thanks again.
It's narrow enough, while it was "new" so I wouldn't get smoke/grease etc inside the house I just pushed it from the front door to the back door and went from there. It fit just fine.

The hand truck won't work unless it has a way to deal with the width of the wheels. It is top heavy.

Two guys, front and back (one on door side, on on the back) and it will work.

Can't do it from the sides because you don't want to put the stress on the pellet hopper, it can NOT support the full weight.

If you're really stressing about it, you can take the whole pellet hopper out (and reduce the weight somewhat).

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.