J.C. Hardaway is a famous Memphis pit master and owner of the Big S. Lounge. His sauce is simple and very good.
J.C.Hardaway's Famous BBQ Sauce
- 1 - 18 ounce bottle of Kraft Hickory Smoked BBQ Sauce
- 1 3.5 ounce bottle Liquid Smoke
- 1.5 lbs. granulated sugar. (I use half that amount.)
- 4 cups white or red vinegar (I use Mussleman's apple cider vinegar.)
- 1 - 16 ounce bottle Hunt's Tomato Ketchup (J.C. says it has to be Hunt's.)
You can add a touch of fire, like Tabasco, if you like. I heat it it up to dissolve the sugar but don't boil it. It keeps for a long time in the fridge.