It is used as a marinade,a cooking sauce,table sauce and sometimes salad dressing.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1-1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 18 + or - cloves of garlic,peeled and smashed
- 1 small onion,minced
- 2 Tbsp dried leaf oregano
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 1 or more Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp white pepper,ground
- Optional : 1/2 cup dark rum,couple of bay leaves,a few minced jalapenos,a little allspice or cloves,chopped fresh parsley
Saute garlic in olive oil,just till it releases its flavor.
Stir in all other ingredients and bring to a low boil,reduce and simmer a few minutes.
Allow to come to room temperature and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Store in a jar with a tight lid,refrigerate,shake well before using.
Like all sauces,I adjust the ingredients to what I have handy and who will be eating it.
Feel free to experiment to your tastes.