Skip to main content

Having some thoughts, always like to shake up the forum in the new year.

How do we get more photos?

Also, I'm thinking of making a rule change and you need to put something in the title when you post pics. It will have to be a word we can search on. I'm think PICS or something simple and short.

There just no way to search for posts with photos and I'm trying to figure out:

1) HOW to get more photos posted by you guys

2) How to find posts with photos.

Any ideas?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Smokers Purgatory:
I'm new here but all for more pics ...

Can the provider help? (Live Cloud?) You should be able to view attachments all in one file. ???

Not sure what you mean.

The issue is that the threads don't tell us if they have photos in them or not. So with over 100,000 posts, it's pretty hard to go find them since "search" can't search on hyperlinks or pictures.

If they give you a hard time about photos, just tell them it's part of my Forum Rules... Big Grin
Smokin:

Although putting a PIC or such indicator in the subject of the thread is a good idea.... what do you do when someone starts a thread like " First Prime Rib on Smokette Cook Shack Smoker" without pictures and then someone (like myself) wants to add a picture in the thread?

I was about to add a picture but there is no way for me to change the subject line...
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
quote:
Originally posted by Smokers Purgatory:
I'm new here but all for more pics ...

Can the provider help? (Live Cloud?) You should be able to view attachments all in one file. ???

Not sure what you mean.

Contact the forum provider or go into the forum setting. I have seen other forums that show which threads have attachment or photos in them.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • DSC03159
quote:
Originally posted by dewkster56:
I am new here and just getting started. I think sharing pics is awesome, but was wondering if anyone could share some pics of the inside of enclosed trailers as I would like to see how others are set up for ideas to set mine up as well

You might want to start a new thread asking for that in the subject. You're new, so I won't charge you with "thread jacking" Big Grin

Check out the FE Comp forum, you might find some there.
quote:
Originally posted by Pags:
If at all possible, it would be better to have an automatic indicator so it would be both more complete as well as easier on us all and Smokin too.

Uh, don't you think I checked that first? Frowner

That's why I'm trying to come up with a manual solution, because there isn't a forum solution or easy way to search.

I can edit the posts as I find them once I decide on the comment and as we see them come up as I Moderate. Sure there's other software, but after 10 years and 100,000 posts, it's an expensive upgrade.
ALL

Please NOTE, we're not posting Photos here (just won't work that way)

Just post in the normal form but add "PIC" to the title somewhere is how we'll do it.

Qnorth, then just start a new thread with PIC in the title, but you could add a reply pointing to the new thread.

I'll post a "how to" this weekend so I can clarify
Link copied to your clipboard.