Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

bkyard. I'll work on the photos a little later. Got them in the email, but it's Mothers Day and had a Child Graduate College yesterday.

FYI. The forum software has a limit on pictures, so I'll tell you how to post them, but with so many, give me a little while to work my magic.

Smokin'
No Problem, SmokinOkie. I know you like pictures so thats why so many. I tried to get some pictures of things I havent seen before.

Happy Mother's Day to the Mrs...and congrats on the graduation. My "Baby" graduates High School next month and we are all going to Hawaii to celebrate being finished with the public school system..hehe
Well, I got my FE100 on Monday May 3rd. I helped the guy get it off the truck..man was it heavy. Luckily he had a lift gate. I put it all together and snapped this photo.

I proceeded to season the bad boy per instructions in the manual. I charged the auger for 8 min, turned the motor off and on and..out came the smoke!

I popped the temp control up to 300 degrees

After 10 minutes the temperature was at 265 degrees! Man this thing sure comes up to temp quick.

(Continued next post)
I was really perturbed that Cookshack sent me cherry pellets instead of Hickory (as requested in my order!) but I couldn't wait, so this past weekend I did a 8.5 lb Picnic shoulder. I figured the "hamminess" of the picnic coupled with the cherry wood would approximate the "bacon-y" taste I get with hickory. The cook went down like this:

Friday 10pm - I used a light coat of mustard with Southern Succor rub.

Friday 11:30pm - Put Picnic Shoulder on with a probe stuck in it. Set Temp at Smoke

Saturday 1:30am - went out and clicked it up to 180 degrees. (internal temp was about 74 degrees)

Saturday 9:30am - raised temp to 250. (Internal temp was 151)

Saturday 12:45pm - Internal temp at 188. Good enough for me! Wrapped in foil. Will let set for 2 hours.

Here is what the pit looked like after I took the meat out.

How bout that gasket they added? Did it stop the smoke seepage? Take a look...

"Did ya get much ash in the bottom?"

How Bout that cover? Whats it look like?

Oh and um..the pork? How did the pork turn out? Did you get the coveted smoke-ring? Heh, see for yourself!

I might also add..the shoulder just plumb fell apart!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.