Skip to main content

Hi all!
Got my new 020 a week ago and after work/weather delays I started smoking Sat 2/14. Started with the crab-stuffed mushroom recipe that was in the CS recipe book that came with the unit. WOW! Delicious! and easy!

Next was baby back ribs. 3 slabs (7.5lbs. total) each cut in 1/2 for 6 small slabs total. 2 slabs with Big Bob's Rib Rub, 2 with 3 Tbsps ea. CS Rib Rub/CS Spicy Chicken Rub, last 2 slabs with Hen-N-Hog Dust(spicewineironworks.com).

1 slab of each rub type on top rack, ditto on bottom rack, meat side down. 2 1/8 oz. cherry @ 225 for 3.5 hours.
After 3.5 hours, sprayed with apple juice, turned ribs over for another 30-45 mins. Sprayed apple juice again, wrapped ribs in foil and smoked 30 mins more @ 230. Removed and devoured. Neighbor said they were the best he's ever had.

Next was salmon using Karen's Smoked Salmon recipe found in the recipe section of this site. Another simple recipe that tasted fantastic! After she tasted it, wife said it's all hers and to keep my hands off!

Started 2 pork butts (2.75 lbs. ea.) last night(Sat 2/14) Rubbed down with French's mustard, then applied Hen-N-Hog dust. Loaded top shelf with the 2 butts at 9:15 Sat night with 4 oz. hickory @ 225. Removed butts at noon Sunday(14 1/2 hours or so smoking time) and left them wrapped them in foil for about an hour on kitchen counter. Removed foil, pulled pork apart. Wife says it's the best she's ever had and she LOVES pulled pork!

This has been a great experience and I'm glad I took the plunge and bought a Cookshack.I love loading this thing up, setting the temperature, then coming back a few hours later and having a great meat dish ready to eat!

Anyway, I just wanted to share my first week-end CS experience and say a BIG thank you!! to SmokinOkie, GHB, and all the others who have answered questions and shared recipes and smoking tips on this forum.

This is only the beginning...

P.S.
REMEMBER!
Foil bottom of smoker & heat box roof.
Poke hole in foil at drain hole
Place pan under hole for grease/fat drippings .
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.