Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Brisket is the one i like i am a texan transpalent to iowa , can't say i ever made a terrible Brisket from first one, next up is chicken and ribs last is pork shoulder, shoulder is the devil to me. but through alot of practice i am doing alot better, but then again now i need to learn the FEC.

we did 2 comps last year, walked twice on first comp and walked once on the 2nd comp.
when it warm up here. its -18 now I would like to do a brisket. Im new at smokeing beef. I have a CS009 its a nice unit. Its so nice that you dont need to use so much wood. Only needed 3 OZ of wood to do 13# Turkey. my old smoker was a bag of coal and wood.Smiler

So can you give me some tips on my first time Brisket?
Jon
my old smoker the spicewine i used ooo bag and a half of charcoal not counting wood for smoking during a comp. but we used the same amount of fuel todo a full smoker of meat for a grad party we catered.

i know a few competitors who use the fec100 and love it so just a matter of twinking our times and such. I'd smoke in -18 no prob just dont have a smoker atm, sold the spicewine to help pay for the fec100, and i am sure a second fec100 is not far off in our future.
SmokinOkie

I didnt know There are differences in the FE100'and the SM009 Im in the wrong form? It link me her from the (Recent Forum Topics) sorry I'll go some where els. sorry N2Que and SmokinOkie Dont burn your butts LOL

Jon PS. Remember to learn from other people mistake .because you won't live long enough to make them ALL your self!!.....SmokinOkie 7642 POST!!WOW
A Smokin GOD HA HA HA
I learned howto cook everything all in one cooker at 225ish degrees chicken included i am sure i can adapt with 1 fec, but the idea todo shoulders and briskets in one, and ribs and chicken in another sounds like a plan. its just all in the timing of things. and just getting to know how things go
I know quite a few teams use one, but I use two. Basically I've done a comp on one, but easier with two not having to sweat when to pull, etc. It can be done for sure!

Congrats on your purchase.

Saw your old smoker on the website, why'd you get rid of it..to hard to move around?
Yea the weight was a bugger was just to heavy for me and the wife. and actually the FEC100 was really our first choice of a smoker, got almost all our money back on the smoker, so nothing lost there.

Just 1000lb smoker with me and the wife getting up and down the ramp of the trailer for us just wasn't safe. near the end we just left it in the trailer and smoked on the gate.

It will be a bit til i can get a second FEC100 just need to save the pennies again. Looks like 2-3 weeks til i get the smoker, really can't wait. i have some video ideas on howto's and such of the fec100 and smoking and preppin meats, even doing sasauge homemade.
Steamer,

Here's some info from above, might answer some of your question:

quote:
Originally posted by N2Que:
Yea the weight was a bugger was just to heavy for me and the wife. and actually the FEC100 was really our first choice of a smoker, got almost all our money back on the smoker, so nothing lost there.

Just 1000lb smoker with me and the wife getting up and down the ramp of the trailer for us just wasn't safe. near the end we just left it in the trailer and smoked on the gate.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.