Skip to main content

I have been running in to this the past few cooks I have done. This morning I cleaned out the fire box (used a shopvac to suck up all overflown pellets and ashes from existing cooks) I put new pellets in and when I came back to check on it the unit wasn't heating. I opened the firepit door and it looked like all of my pellets had fallen down the chute. I will say that the pellets I am using seem to be kind of shitty. Most of them are broken and in small pieces. I was wondering if this could be the reason. It seems the last few times I have tried to fire it up there is always an abundance of fresh pellets in the firebox. It's like they just overload. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dusty Ware
Beach Body BBQ
Ottumwa, IA
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

BBB,

The only time I have had a fire pot overfill on my FEC120 was the time I left my pellet hopper lid open for an extended period causing the fire to extinguish due to lack of pellets. I subsequently discovered my error, and shut the lid, not knowing I had not fire. The auger kept cranking pellets in to the fire pot to bring the cooker back to temp, but none were burning...overflow. Did you shut the hopper lid when you replenished the pellets?

BD

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.