Skip to main content

Well it's 11:30 Pm just put my first PB in the 025, from reading the forum it should be coming out around 2:00 pm. Went in the smoker was 20 degrees and the pb was 47. Used a piece of apple, Mullberry and Hickory. Now I have to go to bed, I'll be counting PB's to try to fall asleep. Cool
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well, its been 10 1/2 hours and its at 161 degrees. I have my smoker in the back of the garage until I make a house for it to stay in. The garage is attached to the house via a breezway. I shut the back garage door around 7:00 this morning, no more smoke no need to let blowing snow in, anyways the SMELL in my breezway and garage is to die for. My Tibetan Mastiff was like I smell it were is it, FOOD>FOOD.
For those that had a stick burner they NEEDED to mop to help retain moisture. The CS smokers are more air tight, hence no need to mop during the smoke. Now some people would say that you could mop a couple of times to build bark. I would use KISS approach for the first couple times. Keep the door shut till it is time to check for doneness. Then when you pull the PB add a little mop as a finishing sauce.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.