A reader of our forum emailed me and requested it.
Rendezvous BBQ Beans
- 1 lb. pinto beans,soaked and drained
- 1 ham hock or 1/2 lb..lean slab bacon,chopped
- 1 large yellow onion,chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 heaping tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 piece fresh ginger,grated
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 Tbsp each of cider vinegar and molasses
- 2 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
- salt to taste,added late
- crumbled bacon,optional,added late
Place all except salt and crumbled bacon in a 4 qt. baking dish with water to cover about an inch.You may have to add water during the cooking.
Bake in a preheated oven @325ï¿½until beans are tender and creamy.
Add water as needed.
Taste for seasoning when beans become tender and salt as needed.
Add crumbled bacon near the end.