Skip to main content

I have just purchased a SM050 and tried ribs and chicken on it a few times, the chicken turned out okay. But the ribs are tough and don't have alot of flavor. These are good quality ribs and I am used to cooking on a much larger wood fired pit so I must be doing something wrong. Any recipe or cooking suggestions Confused ?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Malandmad:

Here's some possible answers from a non-expert. Eeveryone is going to ask you for additional info in order to respond.
- What kind of ribs
- What kind of rub or sauce
- How long did you cook them
- Did you open the cookshack often
- How much wood did you use

From what I know, the flavor would have to be a combo of rub and wood, since you said the quality of the meat was good. Did you try the cookshack rub rub or spicy chicken? As a combination they are pretty good. Typically, if the ribs are tough, they weren't in long enough. If you followed the times in the Cookshack cook book, they are too short. Hopefully, some of the guys that are more experienced will jump on to your post, but you definately need to provide more info so they can help you.

Fred
First welcome to the forum.

Just go with one for a topic, chicken or ribs and we'll try to help. Gets too confusing trying to mix the replies and sort it out.

Like Fred said, we need details about what you did.

The more details you give, the better response you get. There are some great people here to help, so let us know.

Smokin'

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.