Skip to main content

Has anyone tried cooking bb's at 250 vs 225. I usually cook them at 225 for about 4-5 hours and I love the texture, a little tug off the bone. The croud I'm cooking for wants that nasty fall of the bone ribs. So I was wondering if a higher temp, shorter time will make them more mushy.

Also, How long do you f**l bb's for, some say 1 hour,others say 2 hours.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Have not tried bb's. For big "bronto" spares - around 5 lb per slab I've found six and a half hours at 250, remove from the 008 and then immediately double wrap in heavy duty foil. Wrap in a towel and leave to rest on the counter top for an hour. Voila - fall off the bone ribs.

Also tried the same method at 225F. Not much noticable difference except for maybe slightly less crust on the rib.

If you're in a hurry and the crowd you're cooking for is as wrestless as a pack of hungry hyenas then you could try wrapping in plastic wrap before foiling. This seems to accelerate the "sweating" process....
Last edited by Former Member
I do babybacks at 225* for 4 1/2 hours. I hang them in my AmeriQue, then foil them and wrap a towel around them, place them in a cooler and let them sit about 1 hour. They always come out to everyones liking. I have 2 6 1/2 lb. brisket flats on since 8:30 last night, when they are done in the next hour or so, I plan on doing 4 slabs of babybacks. Good luck.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.