Skip to main content

Ok, so I just received the sm-025 and I'm burning it in. The top temperature control assembly seems to be missing 3 screws. There were 5 of them 1/2 screwed in on top of the unit but it looks like it takes 8 (3 front/back, 1 each side)? At least I am expecting they are needed ... Can I get confirmation that there should have been 8 screws? Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My memory is not what it use to be, but I do think that my SM020 was shipped with only 5 screws. I installed it with them and never even wondered if it was right or wrong. If you are concerned that it's not right, just give CS customer service a call tomorrow, nice folks and yes they speak English.

That has been almost 2 yrs ago, the smoker has taken some trips in the truck. I've never had a problem with the controller coming loose, heck I figured less holes for the water to get into when I'm cooking in the rain or snow, which happens more then a feller would think,oh well!

CONGRATS on the new smoker and welcome to the family.
quote:
Rigsby
Divide CO 9370' behind Pikes Peak

2007 JENN-AIR 4 Burner 52K LP Gas Grill 720-0337

MODS
Two-Stage Adjustable Regulator
Rotisserie and Warming Rack Storage
OXO Stainless Steel Tool Hook
Stainless Steel Heat Retention Panel
Custom Stainless Steel Side Storage Cabinet
Stainless Steel Side Table
Stainless Steel Halogen Work Lights
Chile / Nut Roaster for Rotisserie

Napoleon Freestyle Portable Infrared Grill

MODS
"V-Grate" grilling surface (from Solaire)
Rotisserie with Spit Forks and Kabob Forks

COOKSHACK SM025

MODS
Side Racks for 3 Grill Shelves,
Rib Rack

Brinkman Charcoal Smoker

MODS
Drop in LP Gas Burner and Stock Pot to Convert to Turkey Fryer

"Baby" Weber

1 line of text and almost 30 lines of signature. Just a "thought" but maybe a little compression on the signature. Mine isn't even that long... LOL

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.