Skip to main content

A deal for a SM150 just fell into my lap. $1250. Can anybody tell me if this was a good model? I believe it's now the SM160. What are the bennifets of the functions? I have an Elite and always want more room. Besides that, is there anything else I should be aware of that would either convince me or not? Thanks for the help. This item hasn't been used since 1997 and it appears to have been put away pretty clean and barely used.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I took your advice Joe M! Thanks! I called cookshack talked to John. He gave me a couple of ideas on things to check and also how much it would cost to replace the head and the element. Good info. I talked the guy down to $975. I pick it up tonight. I am pretty excited. I think it's a pretty good deal. The unit is really clean, and looks hardly even smoked in. I will post pictures tomorrow if there is still light out when I get home.
I looked that up here, you got an amazing large machine for not much. I know from my own experience buying a used SM008 on eBay, it looks like it was never used and just stored. Cookshack was great getting me parts I needed and I love it. Wish I had say the width and capacity of a SM045... I'm buying one of those around my birthday, if I don't find a better deal (again) on eBay on a used one. They remind me of my '51 GMC truck, real tanks, built to be repaired easily and THEY JUST WORK.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.