Skip to main content

Ok! I purchased an SM160 back in 2011. I have it outside under an over hang. I haven't used it since around Xmas. Today I went out to get something and the smoker was hot and running. The power switch was in the OFF position the display was blank. I couldn't believe what was going on so I flipped the switch on and it just let out a constant beep. Not like the 3 seconds when you turn it on it came on and stayed on. The gasket was stuck to the door. I let it cool down. I cleaned my racks because it was like a self cleaning oven.  After awhile I put a chunk of wood in, turned it on and set it for ribs and turned it on. When I turned it on it did its normal 3 second beep and started up. The temperature was climbing. Then after about 20 minutes it started beeping constantly displaying a WARNING OVER HEATING! I unplugged immediately. Called Cookshack i missed them by 5 minutes. Any ideas what could have caused this? I'm definitely in need of a new gasket and maybe a thermostat? I'm at a loss for what happened. I'm going to call tomorrow.

Last edited by motochef
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.