Skip to main content

Okay, so I'm a PROUD Papa of a new deck and Master BBQ Area. Thanks to Mrs. Smokin, she bought the black "grillzebo" to give me some shade and she figured out a perfect layout for the toys.

Long been a dream, so enjoy my new Play Area.

I do have to give a shout out to Stuart and Cookshack. They've supported me fully in my almost 12 years of the forum and they decked out my BBQ deck. Only powder coated red FEC's in the world, reverse doors. A new CS FE Pellet Grill and a new Charbroiler 36"

Not fully finished, it's a work in progress, rails, pergolas, gazebo, but it's going to be used TODAY!!!!

Look at my simple back yard and you can see my old FE on the right

NEW S.O. Master BBQ area Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Note the white box above the black roof. That's a stereo speaker. There are two for this portion of the deck. 4 more speakers on the rest of the deck

The SMOKING end of my pit area: My FEC's BOOMER and SOONER

The GRILLING end of my pit area: Charbroiler on left and FE Pellet Grill on the right

Charbroiler

FE Pellet Grill

Now to figure out where to add the lights, what mats to put down in front of the grills and smokers... so much to do...

LOL, it's like Christmas in my back yard...

Update 6/2/11
So, more deck is finished. When I said 4,000 sq ft, now you'll see it.

Don't hate me but we LOVE the changes with this deck. You'll see why in the Before/After that we never really decided what to do with the yard. Now we did.

Nope, it's not BBQ related, except I can eat BBQ anywhere on the deck now... Big Grin

Basically we have 3 areas; BBQ, Living/relaxing and Pool.

there is a fourth area just for Mrs. Smokin that's in progress.

Added 01/16/2012

Deck is now finished to the West.

Not the blue plastic line, that's rope lights that go along all rails.

Closeup of GirlZebo

Looking down stairs to see front of Cat Shed and My Shed

Reverse view of Shed/Stairs
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by MaxQue:
Very nice. Was the black metal "gazebo" custom built?

Mrs. Smokin' bought that at Sam's for me as a gift/surprise. It's called a Grillzebo.

Thanks Guys.

We'll do a few dry runs while the rest of the deck gets finished.

Got some tuns goin' and the charbroiler grates reading 618 degrees on high
It could be just me, but it really looks like those toys need a little black on the inside? or could it be you've been cleaning them?

Count me out of the party, if your gonna make us stain the deck...LOL! Otherwise, I'm headed to the Sam's contest in Ft Worth on July 16th. I could stop by with the Jimmy Buffet Margarita machine, just for one quick drink,ya know!

Nice setup Smokin', may Mrs Smokin' and the family enjoy the new space.
quote:
Originally posted by cal:
or could it be you've been cleaning them?

You are correct, the FEPG and Charbroiler WERE new yesterday. Both got their test runs. Charbroiler is Amazing for steaks. I seasoned the cast iron grates (each one of the 6 weighs like 25 lbs) and they gave perfect sear marks.

quote:
I could stop by with the Jimmy Buffet Margarita machine

Got one two years ago for the Holidays, it will be on the deck when you come by:

We call ours the Three Headed Monster

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
Okay, so I'm a PROUD Papa of a new deck and Master BBQ Area. Thanks to Mrs. Smokin, she bought the blakc "grillzebo" to give me some shade and she figured out a perfect layout for the toys.

Man. What a great set up. Far beyond what I could ever hope for. Do you have any more info on the "grillzebo"? That is something that I could use.

Blane
Last edited by Former Member
If I could, I'd host a CS demo party at my house, have you guys and gals all over. Seriously, can you imagine hanging out at the deck all day, cooking on FE's, Pellet grills and Charbroilers.

That would be fun, but meeting all you guys in person would be a SCARY picture... Big Grin

Russ
Last edited by Former Member
quote:
Originally posted by JC123:
... How you gonna keep the grease off that deck ?

That's my #1 issue right now and why I haven't fired up the FEC's. Grease drips off the doors when they open and off the vents too.

Anyone got a cool idea? I've looked at a LOT of ideas, nothing perfect.
quote:
That's my #1 issue right now and why I haven't fired up the FEC's. Grease drips off the doors when they open and off the vents too.

I bought 'The "Original" Grill Pad' from Lowes to put under both my FEC100 and my Traeger Lil Tex. These pads are a concrete fiber and will keep drips and such off your deck. However, it is not big enough to the front to deal with drips off your doors. That said, I've never had grease drip off my door. Perhaps just wipe it down a little more often to keep that from happening?
quote:
quote:

How about just framing up some of that same decking and create a platform and sealing it real good or cover it with metal. I think just waterproofing it would work. If you get a nice thick coat of waterproofing, I think grease would just wipe up easy. Going with a darker stain could also help cover up any stains. Good luck, and I love the set-up. I think you just redefined the word jealous.
quote:
quote:

Check out GelPro mats.I have 2 of them in front of grills on my deck, and they work great.

Mine are around 2 X 4 feet and clear, but they come in a variety of sizes, colors and patterns to suit your needs and tastes.
quote:
Originally posted by dls:

DLS. Look great. Something befitting a new deck no less. See I knew you guys would come through.

Mine are around 2 X 4 feet and clear, but they come in a variety of sizes, colors and patterns to suit your needs and tastes.

Might have to go with those, they have RED:

quote:
Originally posted by Chaplain Bill:
very nice. Did you put some electric under your deck to plug in the charbroiler and PG? Got to get me one of those grillzeebooozzzz

Had the whole deck wired for electric, sounds, lights. Just have to be SURE where I'm putting the plug. There's wires underneath, ready to cut in a box. We're working on how (to keep it pretty and not let water get in).

JC, I'm thinking I want the mats to be a little slippery so the grease comes off. I ordered some, different brand.
quote:
2 feet wide ain't wide enough for me. When i get done cooking there could be grease spots up to 4 feet from the door from flipping racks and tabling and foiling.

True, but I have a rolling cart to hold the food so I take it there but you KNOW it will get spilled everywhere.

I just can't afford a 50' by 50' gel pad Big Grin

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.