Here's a basic Poultry Rub I started with in my experiements:
Let me know if you've got another rub that you like.
Had a request in the chat (thanks Billy) for a Poultry rub. here's one I use.
I brine the poultry first, then put this outside, inside and under the skin.
Be careful if you use this after brining, definitely rinse the bird well. Enjoy
Smokin's Poultry Rub:
- 4 tb Salt(I like sea or Kosher salt)
- 1 tb Cayenne pepper (I sometimes use Cajun Spice for Hotter)
- 4 tb Light brown sugar
- 1 tb Chili powder (good, New Mexican)
- 1 tb Onion salt (sometimes leave this out, brining is salty enough
- 1 tb Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tb Sage
- 1 tb White pepper
- 1 tb Lemon pepper
for a little variation, I'll add Garlic
It's done when it's done