Skip to main content

When I first switch on my smoker, it makes a noticable buzzing sound for about 5 seconds. I have an old 105, (the old version of the new 150). It has never done this before, but everything seems to be working fine. Have any idea what could be happening here? I am suposed to smoke aload of meat tonight for a party saturday. Cookshack is closed until monday, figured you might have run across this in the past. Any idea what might be causing this?
thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the quick response.I recently replaced the strip terminal on my smoker,and everything has been fine until I switched it on today.I often load the smoker up and haul it with me to cook on location for certain events,but I am very gentle with it, I treat my smoker like a newborn baby, it stays in my kitchen when its not cooking.(my wife hates it)
I turned it off and on again and if I tap on the top of the control box the buzzing stops, might just need to tighten some screws.Ill call cookshack monday...
thanks
Hey, Big'N.

I've been called a lot of things, especially by Stuart, but Great isn't one of them....don't make me laugh Big Grin

I'm just a fellow fan of BBQ, you can email me anytime.

And Stuart may be a CEO (do they have those in Ponca City?) but he'd rather be back in the shop, working on new designs and inventions. Right Stuart?
I'm sure you have some good techniques from the way you've been cooking Q from your Grandfather.

We're all here to learn a little Q together.

Smokin'

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.