Skip to main content

Noob here anxiously awaiting my FEC100. It was sad to sell my Traeger, but I think I will be more than happy with my new purchase.
I am concerned with using Traeger pellets after reading how some on the forums here dislike the smell and taste that the Traeger pellets leave. I live in the Pacific Northwest and need to know who I should contact in order to get some "good" pellets. ANY help here would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Randy
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ask Traeger "which" of their pellets. They have two plants, so you get either an Alder based pellet or an Oak based pellet.

Congrats with the purchase. I wouldn't worry about the pellet version initially, I hear lots of issues, specifics and we're all pretty set on what works and doesn't for us. Try them for yourself. Some people see a difference and some don't.

Welcome!

Russ
Yo, duck in Eugene with my FE100. Have been using Traeger pellets forever. I use 100% hickory and they work fine. I have never had any issues with bitter flavor etc. I however don't use the smoke setting much, I just dial in 240 and let it go. Works great.

You can also get pellets at Bear Mountain up at Cascade Locks. Lots of folks buy them there including several people from the Seattle area. They claim that they prefer Bear Mountain over traeger pellets

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.