Skip to main content

I have been a stickburner for a long time and I finally made the move to the FEC100. I will be getting my unit delivered this friday. What is the first thing I should do? In other words if anyone made any mistakes unpacking or opening their units, or did something they said oops after, how about a heads up? Also, where is the best place to order pellets either a few bags at a time or a pallet at a time. Thanks, I will try to post some pictures when the unit arrives.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

First thing..relax

Second thing...relax

Now that you've relaxed...I know how happy you will be.

The units rarely if EVER have damage from shipping.

As for help on pellets, just look through the FE forums for suggestions about sources, there are several out there if you want a quick answer.

I don't know if they ship with one bag of pellets or not. Hate to get one and not have pellets.

Welcome to the Pelletheads!
Mine came with a bag of pellets. I don't know where you live but if you're around us, we'll be happy to spot you some pellets.

The only hard part is figuring out what you want to cook after you season the unit.

If you live somewhere where the electric current fluctuates or if you're planning on competing, a good deep cycle battery and inverter should be on your list.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.