Skip to main content

I used a 150 and thought the results were a bit better than what I am used to out of my much beloved 55 . Same wood same rub Why would this have anything to do with the fire box design I see talked about?

I asked this question before but never truly understood the answer. I can not understand why their would be a difference both are the same great Cookshack quality.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

When you say better, better how?

And I'm sure there are a few differences as the 150 is a few 1000 more than the 55. I'm sure you can call CS and ask, but from what I can tell, they don't have the same heating element and the 150 has an electronic control unit. Just guessing since I don't have a 55.

I'm not sure about the firebox design, Stuart would know.

Ask CS, you'll probably have to call. They don't always monitor the forum. Guess they're too busy Wink selling more CS's. And it is trade show season.

Smokin'
Smokin

Actually I was to busy this morning on the golf course. Finally got a chance to get out and hit a few balls.

The model 150 has the IQ cooking controller, which is considerable better than a bulb and capillary style thermostat. That has a little to do with the difference.

Also the model 50 comes up to temperature a bit faster than the 150, this is why occansionaly the old model 50's wouldn't burn the wood. The modified woodbox, just keeps the heat around the wood longer, causing it to smolder and produce more smoke.

Hope that answers the questions....

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.