Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Welcome to the forum.

Tom hit the nail on the head for pork chops. Pork loins (bone-in or boneless) will work in your smoker. I recommend a 3-5 lb loin roast.

Brine the meat 3-6 hrs with:
12 oz apple juice
1/2 c sugar (white or brown)
1/4 c kosher salt
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Pat dry and smoke at 275o until center reads 135-140 o (140-145 o if you prefer non-pinkish pork) Let it rest a bit before slicing.

Apple or cherry wood work great with pork...Hickory if you prefer a more pronounced smoke flavor.

I've got one of these baby's ready to go into the pellet pooper in a few hrs. Can't wait Smiler

Credit to Chris Lilly for the brine recipe.

P.S. The 275o smoker temp helps promote caramelization and a little bark on the roast. As Tom says...hot & fast works better than low & slow when cooking pork.
Hi all

Got my SM020 this weekend and did the "seasoning" Didnt get much smoke out during that run but some.

First smoke was a Pork Loin which weighed in at 4.75 pounds. Injected it with a Garlic/lemon pepper/butter solution and gave it a serious rub down with a spicy rub. For additional fun - I layered some thick bacon across the top.

Smoked it at 210 for 5 hours to 160 degrees. Great smoke output this time around. Had to move the wood (One chunk Hickory - 2 chunk cherry) to the hot spot.

Turned out pretty well for a first attempt

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.