Skip to main content

I smoked my first butt in my new Smokette last weekend. 3.5 oz. of Hickory @ 225 til the butt was 195. Never opened the door til it was done. Everything perfect.

Now I want to triple my pleasure. What do I do differently? More wood? Should I use the top and middle Shelf, or 1 on each of the 3 shelves? Which one do I put the probe for the thermometer in? All of the are between 5 and 5.5 lbs.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

TheBear:
Congratulations on you first butt. To do three I would use the top and middle shelf with two on the top and one on the middle. The bottom shelf can be to close to the heating element and cause the butt to dry out if not rotated.

You might want to use the same amount or a little more wood, depends upon how much smoke you like. I would not use more than 4 or 5 oz. total. The probe would go into the one on the middle shelf.

Hope this helps.
Perfect again! Big Grin Pulled the one off of the middle shelf at 14 hrs (194 degrees), and the other 2 an hour later. 4 oz. of hickory did the trick.

My parents are visiting from St. Louis, and they have gone to get 2 more for me to cook for them to take home with them.

This is just toooooooooo easy Big Grin

I should have bought the 55 instead.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.